This live action drama is one of the funniest live actions that I’ve watched. Aside from the plot which is really funny, the actors and actresses really fit the characters. They carry the titles really well. This is also the inspiration of my blog’s title, “Mabushii!” `cause its so funny whenever Sunako says that. I love how Kyohei slowly developed his feelings for Sunako as time pass by. At first, he may be denying it, but he finally realized what the feeling was. I suggest you to watch it, the ending part (the kiss actually) was so >/////< . Yeah, something like that. They all have their own love stories here, except the kid of course. I like it when the Drama turns into Action where Kyohei will shout “Ugly Sunako!!!” countless times then suddenly, Sunako will transform and both of them will be fighting the bad guys. I REALLY LOVE THE PART AT TAKENAGA’S HOUSE! I LOVE THIS DRAMA! YOU CERTAINLY HAVE TO WATCH THIS ♥! LOL. HAHAHA~
- Sunako Nakahara (Aya Omasa) -(The actress here, Aya is also the one who appeared in SHINee’s Japanese MV, Boys Meet U… hated her before but now not so much) Sunako is the main character. The story rotates on how are the four bright creatures are going to turn her into a Yamato Nadeshiko. She confessed her love to a guy, prior to the beginning of the Anime/Manga, and was rejected. She was beautiful though after that incident, Sunako frequently locks herself away in her room and chooses to live in the darkness. She is fond of gory movies and anatomical dolls and is close to her dolls Hiroshi, Josephine and Akira.
- Kyohei Takano (Kazuya Kamenashi) – Kyohei is famous among the four guys, but is also the most selfish and demanding. He really enjoys the food that Sunako prepares for them. Because of his good looks, he has often been sexually harassed when at work and elsewhere, making him leave his family. (His mother constantly, and openly, regretted his birth; having gone crazy from the ceaseless ringing of the phone and doorbell.) Kamenashi, is really lovable in his drama, he played the glutton and the hard-headed Kyohei here really well.
- Ranmaru Mori (Shuntaro Miyao) – Ranmaru is the only son of a wealthy family, his parents being the owners (and founders) of a hotel chain. Ranmaru is a notorious playboy, always seen hanging around with older, often married, women. He is confident, an expert in love, and girls. He is also the one giving Sunako her makeover whenever there is an emergency. RANMARU LOOKS SO OLD IN THE LIVE ACTION WHYYYY.
- Yukinojo “Yuki” Toyama (Yuya Tegoshi) – Yuki is a gentle and kind boy. He is easily frightened from everything, almost always in Sunako’s room. Despite the fear he feels when around her, he cares about her as if he were her brother. So much so, that he defends her when she’s called ‘ugly’. ( He is from an ordinary family, his father being a friend of Sunako’s aunt.) He was often bullied by the three but cares about them so much being their comrades and was often dressed up as a girl. He has a girlfriend in this drama but none in the anime I think.
- Takenaga Oda (Hiroki Uchi) – Takenaga is the most intelligent among the four. He is usually serious, but is revealed to be shy and thoughtful on more than one occasion. His shyness is evidently due to of the pressure he gets from his parents. Hiroki here however, is the one who most played his character the best. He resembled Takenaga here so much. He doesn’t have much scenes with Noi here though. TAKENAGAAAAA!! ❤
- Noi Kasahara (Ranko Kanbe)- Noi is described by Sunako as being one of the “Radiant creatures”, her beauty matching that of the boy’s. She is Takenaga’s girlfriend, and makes many appearances in the Anime though in this drama, she doesn’t have much scenes of sweetness with Takenaga. It lacks a little. She is also one of Sunako’s only female friend.
- The Landlady/Mine Nakahara (Reiko Takashima)- The landlady is Sunako’s aunt, and is often appearing through frivolously elaborate means. She enjoys speaking different languages and traveling the world. The Landlady does not appear to have a specific name, and has many boyfriends. (Her “true love” died 10 years or so before the events of The Wallflower.) She’s really elegant and always updates herself everyday about Sunako’s transformation and stuff.
The Nakahara Mansion.